“GOING GLOBAL” Exporting Seminar
Is YOUR business export ready?
Posted April 13, 2011
The City of Vernon, together with the Ministry of Jobs, Tourism and Innovation and the Canadian Trade Commissioner Service is hosting a seminar for any business interested in learning how to export their product or service.
The workshop focuses on several key aspects of doing business internationally, including:
- the current forces of globalization
- how business conditions and practices differ from country to country
- market entry strategies for exporting to foreign direct investment
- exchange rates, getting paid and risk management
- market and competitive intelligence
- overview of the Canadian Trade Commissioner Service with offices in over 150 international locations
- services of the Business Development Bank
Wednesday, May 4th, 2011
2:00pm - 5:00pm (Registration desk opens at 1:30pm)
5:00pm Networking Reception (sponsored by the Business Development Bank of Canada
3000 28th Avenue
Pre-registration is required as space is limited.
To reserve your space please contact Robert Miles at 250-550-3493 or email@example.com
The session will be facilitated by Doug Taylor, Managing Director of Pacific Business Intelligence Ltd (PBI). PBI has undertaken assignments in over thirty countries in Europe, Asia, North America, the Middle East and the Caribbean for private industry, governments and international organizations.
Harvey Rebalkin, Trade Commissioner, will he on hand to meet with you and advise you how the Canadian Trade Commissioner Service can assist in your exporting efforts.
This is truly a great opportunity for companies that are beginning to think about exporting or for those that are looking to make contacts that can assist in building additional export markets.